Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Caving @ Petty Johns

It's tuesday. That means that I'm still alive the day after the caving trip. For those of you who know me, you are once again convinced of angels, God, and their role in my life. The trip was a success. Mud was encountered, tight spaces were navigated, and noone was hurt beyond bruises. This is saying something considering the group consisted of 11 people, of which only 4 had been caving at least once before. I do have pictures and I'll be posting them soon.
The Three Rules of Caving:
  • 1. Do not die.
  • 2. Do not do anything that will result in your death.
  • 3. Do not follow Wildcard356 until his route is proven.
Note: Disobeying rule 3 implies disobediance of rule 2 and possibly rule 1.

These may seem funny at first, but for some reason everyone knew them very well by the time we made it back to the car.
Well, I'll post more later, but for now it's back to work.

4 Comments:

At March 09, 2005 12:05 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Glad that you lived through the cave!!!

 
At January 23, 2006 5:06 PM, Anonymous Adam C said...

A Grade 5 cave aint no joke. I was there twice this week and am recovering from torn muscles from my waist up. LOL
Have been numerious times in Petty johns but only to the waterfall and back. But i have goals of the Discovery room (NE), The Outer Limits(NW) And the un named passager to the south west. But all three all multiple day trips and require a bit more finness.

 
At October 18, 2007 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My best friend and I used to go through Petty John's back in the early 70's with Kmart flash lights and a Coleman lantern. Never found a waterfall, although have read that there are 4-1/2 miles of passageways in this cave. Will have to get back there again in the future.

Mike

 
At September 09, 2008 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sore, I can't believe I almost met my maker on the last summit before the hole to get out. I do wanpeople to know that this is no joke, if you do not have some type of climbing experience don't go I mean stay out of the hole!!!. This is a challenging and rigorus scary trip. I am going back this nexted week so I must say I am addicted now, but I have climbed the Rockies in Colorado so I do have experience and this climb scared me to death but I will get better. IT IS EASY TO GET LOST BEWARE!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home